|• Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required in related field from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
• Three years’ experience coaching and/or playing volleyball
• Prior college coaching experience preferred CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain certification required
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of intercollegiate volleyball program
• Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner
• Ability to relate to a diverse population in a professional and helpful manner
• Ability to organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks to completion
• Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both within the college and the community
• Ability to effectively supervise the work of others
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems while maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public
• Strong personal work ethic and high level of personal integrity
• Provides quality coaching and instruction to students participating in the volleyball program; develops, implements, and teaches related volleyball program curriculum; enforces safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students
• Plans, directs, and coaches an volleyball program that develops student/athletes’ fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run;
• ensures JCC’s rules and regulation compliance;
• Recruits student athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success; and assists student athletes in realizing individual and team goals
• Supervises and coordinates volleyball events and activities; attends scheduled volleyball practices, classes, and all competitions
• Provides ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the court;
• Assists with conflict resolution;
• Provides guidance with negotiating campus processes such as registration, financial aid, residence life; assists with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty;
• Enforces safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students involved in the program
• Assists in developing the volleyball program annual budget, monitors expenditures including allocation of scholarships, and develops and implements a successful fund raising plan to meet program needs, goals, and objectives
• Works with Director of Athletics to schedule events and travel; develops an event management plan for each home game;
• Provides information to Director, Public Relations for press releases, season previews, hometown news articles, volleyball program web site, and feature stories to various media in compliance with the college's policies and procedures;
• Attends assigned college, department, and division meetings as required
• Keep abreast of rule changes in sport
• Analyze student records in preparation for appointments.
• Disseminate information on institutional policies and procedures.
• Understand the institution’s interpretation of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, and students.
• Maintain and update advisee records through regular review of academic files and transcript evaluations.
• Understand and interpret the requirements and academic options for graduation in relation to all areas and departments of the University.
• Advise students about the development of educational plan options and resources available.
• Work closely with other advisors, faculty, and staff in understanding, preparing, and providing advising sessions for individuals and groups of students.
• Review student records to determine athletic eligibility and assess necessary action steps for students to maintain athletic eligibility.
• Participate in office staff development, workshops, programs, and administrative functions; attends meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Office of Human Resources, Jarvis Christian College, P.O. BOX 1470, Hawkins, and TX 75765. Please email materials to email@example.com