• Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education
• Three years’ experience coaching and/or playing soccer
• Prior college coaching experience preferred CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain certification required
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of intercollegiate soccer program
• Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner
• Ability to relate to a diverse population in a professional and helpful manner
• Ability to organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks to completion
• Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both within the college and the community
• Ability to effectively supervise the work of others
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems while maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public
• Strong personal work ethic and high level of personal integrity
• Recruiting qualified student-athletes for the program.
• Establish goals and directions for the operation of the program and developing a successful program athletically and academically.
• Working with the Soccer team through practice, instruction, conditioning and game competition to ensure the most successful program possible.
• Supervising full and/or part-time assistant coaches including hiring, disciplining, or separation decisions and taking full responsibility for training, mentoring and evaluating assistant coach.
• Supervising all scheduling and traveling arrangements for the program.
• Assisting in the marketing and fundraising efforts of the program, the athletic department and the College.
• Overseeing and managing academic performance of team.
• Organizing and maintaining a summer camp to promote the Soccer program, yourself and JCC Athletics.
• Motivates and inspires student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field; attends functions related to the soccer program; prepares reports; evaluates players.
• Trains and supervises assistant coach(s) toward the end of developing head coach capabilities and supporting all program objectives.
• Manage a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program.
• Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of the College.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Office of Human Resources, Jarvis Christian College, P.O. BOX 1470, Hawkins, and TX 75765. Please email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org